Re: TRF backorders

To: EPaul21988@aol.com, diiulio@ix.netcom.com, naffy@netins.net
Subject: Re: TRF backorders
From: TRIPHSTEVE@aol.com
Date: Sun, 2 Feb 1997 12:48:54 -0500 (EST)
Cc: triumphs@Autox.Team.Net
Hello list:

Many of you will remember when this thread started 6-8 months ago. Same
problem was experienced by many of you.

However, I agree with the earlier comment about anyone who has been to The
Summer Party or to TRF on any other occasion to see their inventory will
better understand that the problem is not lack of inventory, but the correct
inventory. When Christmas season is in full swing, popular parts sell. Summer
shows, popular parts sell. Many times they are there in person. Winter parts
sale, popular parts sell. All that time an obscure part that you may need
only once in a lifetime, if at all, remains on the shelf as inventory and
overhead.

I know it is frustrating to wait on backorders, but who gives the best
product and remanufactures more parts to keep our cars alive? TRF. Perhaps
the best course for TRF would be to sell all of the obscure parts and only
stock fast selling items? More profitable for TRF.Short-term gain for us, but
long time loss without question.

In the parts inventory of TRF, each box containing inventory that is down to
one part remaining has a red decal that reads:" sell and die." The reason is
they want to keep an original part for remanufacturing. Do you think VB does
this?

The comments about backorders at TRF has surfaced too many times for no
problem to exist. But, I am confident that the criticism would be taken
constructively if directed to Charles or John directly. I will do so,
providing all of your names and customer numbers. Just kidding.

We all have diversions that cause us to make decisions, that in retrospect,
 were unwise. Perhaps CMAS, travel,and Teddy have dirverted money and time
from the primary business of parts.

I see no signs of financial instability at TRF. On the contrary actually.
Give TRF another chance at large orders so we all can profit from their years
of time and money invested in keeping our cars OTR (on the road).

Steve Thornton
Bowling Green, KY
"Home of the Corvette"
1971 TR6