RE: kill switch/turn signals

To: Brian Lanoway <76214.2773@compuserve.com>
Subject: RE: kill switch/turn signals
From: "Johnny Storm:- International Racing car driver" <hiu06f@bangor.ac.uk>
Date: Wed, 5 Feb 1997 14:05:39 +0000 ()
Cc: Triumph Digest <triumphs@Autox.Team.Net>

Re:- theft proof lbc's

In america simply use a manual gearbox, if the average american has
trouble then the degenerate thief won't know what to do. With any luck
he'll mistake it for an overlarge heater control.

On a serious note couldn't you fit a racing electric cut-off switch in a
little cubby hole somewhere? Are Dis-car-nects on sale in the U.S? They
semi disconnect the battery so that it will only allow the electrics to
be used for low power uses, if you try and start the car it blows a
fuse. The system is turned on/off by means of removing/replacing a thumb
wheel. Still means you have to lift the bonnet to use it i suppose a diy
version wouldn't be too hard. youre proably best simply pulling the coil
lead off as someone mentioned before.

Is lbc crime that bad in the states? Over here i think they only get
nicked if they are in good condition (i.e to sell on)  . Rough ones
aren't any good for ram-raids or getaway vehicles. If it wasn't for the
sad loss of an lbc I would promote crims to use rusty old motors to try
and breach Dixon's with! Ever tried fitting a tv into a spit boot?
Very rarely on crimewatch uk do we see aerial footage of a Hillman super
minx dicing it with the metropolitan's Volvo T5's or sierra cossie!

Does the american ppolicve force squander it's resources on buying
exotic foreign sports cars to aprehend those most dastardly of villains,
speeders?  here Norfolk constabulary have a lotus esprit, and the
Metropolitan police have porsches and unmarked M3's to tempt people to
speed and then fine them, bastards. I appear to have rather deviated
from the subject sorry, one does get carried away!!!

Johnny Storm
'77 Spitfire 1500