Tranny help

To: triumphs@Autox.Team.Net
Subject: Tranny help
From: "Dennis Culligan" <dculligan@VNET.IBM.COM>
Date: Fri, 7 Feb 97 10:09:18 EST
 Carol Zingone wrote:
  >...grinding, chewing noise...
Carol -
  Hopefully this is a minor clutch adjustment or something similiar.  HOWEVER,
last spring, when my TR6 started making these same type of noises (I likened
it to there being some gravel in the transmission), it turns out that I had
pulverized a bearing on the lay shaft, resulting in a transmission rebuild (my
mechanic kept telling me that autocrossing was hazardous to the car's health).
Unfortunately, the only way to correctly diagnose it is to tear it apart.
                                                      Good Luck.
                                                       Dennis
                                                '76 TR6 - CF57948U