Re: TR 6 Tire replacement

To: abrunetti@edgenet.net (abrunetti)
Subject: Re: TR 6 Tire replacement
From: peb3@cornell.edu (Philip E. Barnes)
Date: Mon, 17 Feb 1997 10:30:43 -0500
Cc: triumphs@Autox.Team.Net
Tony:
I have used 205/70-15 for years with good results. The diameter is the same
as the 185's so the speedo is just as wrong, but you get a bit more rubber
on the road and there is no interference with any sheetmetal. I presently
have Yokohama MD-H4's on the car. They are an "all-season" tread and handle
as well as you'd expect a 25 year old car on modern tires to handle. About
$65 a piece from Tire Rack, if I recall. The Yokos you are thinking of
might be the A-001 used for showroom stock and autocross.

Philip E. Barnes       '71 TR6  CC61193L
Cornell University
Newman Laboratory of Nuclear Studies
Ithaca, NY 14853
607-255-4951