Re: Road Trip Stories

To: triumphs@Autox.Team.Net
Subject: Re: Road Trip Stories
From: Dave Fain <kc3565l@sprintmail.com>
Date: Wed, 19 Feb 1997 06:56:41 -0700
Cc: cmaster808@aol.com
triumphs-owner@autox.team.net wrote:> ------------------------------

> Date: Tue, 18 Feb 1997 06:39:16 -0500 (EST)
> From: CMaster808@aol.com
> Subject: Re: Road Trip Stories
>
> Gary
>
> I havent heard of any long caravaning as yet,  but , possibly.
> not sure.  I would really like to make it to VTR. Someplace
> down in Texas I think.  Last year I went to MG96 at Indy, so
> this year it's the Triumphs turn at the road.
>
> Chet   Dav. Iowa

I expect that a group of Triumphs from Denver will be driving
to the VTR Convention (aka Sweatfest) in Ft. Worth in July.
Folks from points North and West are welcome to join us.  I
am also hoping to make it to the SW Regional near Austin in
April, probably on my own.

Speaking of road trips: my GT6 MkI made it from Denver to the
last two VTR SW Regionals in Clear Lake City and Dallas.  The
only mishap was when part of the throttle linkage fell off on
the freeway in Ft. Worth.  A bit of baling wire got me on the
road again but probably cost me points in the concours.  I had
to stop now and then to inspect the color of the spark plugs
and tweak the mixture accordingly to compensate for the
altitude changes. I also discovered that, after 5 or 6 hours
on the road, there was no way to hold my right leg that didn't
hurt (apologies to Kris Kristofferson).  A paperback book under
my right heel and driving wearing moccasins helped a lot.  I
made it a point to take back roads, stay off the Interstate
wherever possible, and avoid eating in Denny's, McDonald's,
etc.  Look for restaurants with pickups parked in front, that's
where the locals eat, especially early in the morning.
Dave Fain
KC3565L@sprintmail.com