More diff. questions (Spit)

To: triumphs@Autox.Team.Net
Subject: More diff. questions (Spit)
From: Martin_A._Secrest@NEB.VOA.GOV
Date: 19 Feb 97 13:55:28
Well, now Iım doing some dangerous thinking.  Soon to embark on a leaf spring
replacement, Iım wondering whether my ŞborderlineŞ differential ought to be
replaced simultaneously, since the spring exchange is a lot of work, and Iıd
prefer not to revisit that area anytime soon.

Q:  Are there occasions where a differential will outright fail, or (as long as
theyıre lubricated properly) do they just get sloppier and sloppier?

My car has (allegedly) about 80K on it.

----
Martin Secrest
ı74 Spitfire 1500