Re: TR3A Spark Plugs

To: triumphs@Autox.Team.Net
Subject: Re: TR3A Spark Plugs
From: Bschwartz@encad.com (Barry Schwartz)
Date: Thu, 20 Feb 1997 12:30:58 -0800
Ken D. writes:
   <  snip  >
> In a similar topic, I was told that the R in the Champion RL87YC
> designated a Resistor plug and was I sure that I needed this type. Since
> I was told that this was the replacement for the L10S, I said yes.
> But a question arose as to what is a resistor plug and why does the TR3
> ( stock positive ground electrical system, no radio) need one.
***************************************
Resistor plugs sometimes referred to as suppression plugs are from my
understanding only for suppressing the spark for EMI or radio 'static'
supression as well as resistance or supression wires.  If you have no radio,
and don't mind screwing up the radios of the cars your passing or sitting
next to at a light, then by all means, use solid wire and non resistor
plugs.  Positive or negative ground dosn't matter other than the electrons
move in adifferent direction through your wiring harness (loom) :-)

Barry Schwartz
Bschwartz@encad.com  (San Diego)
72-V6 Spitfire (daily driver)
70 GT6+ (when I don't drive the Spit)