Re: Moving a TR3 (Round two)

To: thefryes@iconn.net
Subject: Re: Moving a TR3 (Round two)
From: jibrooks@juno.com (Jack I Brooks)
Date: Thu, 20 Feb 1997 21:18:01 EST
Cc: musson@arts.usf.edu, cloughbt@batman.flight.wpafb.af.mil, triumphs@Autox.Team.Net
Henry,

I used a U-Haul trailer to transport my TR3 last October.  The TR3 will
fit on a U-haul trailer, but barely.  The inside of the tries will be
resting on the inside ramp of the trailer not on the flat.  The inside of
the flats on the trailer are probably 2 to 3 inches narrower than the
inside fo the tires.  Loading is very precarious, as the ramps must be
angle in at the bottom so the car does not fall off.  As I stated in my
earlier post, get the Ryder with the solid ramp and bed trailer.  If you
must use the U-haul it will work, but be very careful.  Using my PO
direction, I almost dropped mine within 1 hour of ownership.  I had to
back it off the trailer with one wheel on a ramp like you would use to
work on a car because I couln't keep it on the trailers ramps. .  If you
use the U-Haul be very careful.  I guess I can't say the enough.

Basically if it is a monetary decision get the Ryder regardless of cost.
If you can't get a solid trailer/ramp setup like the Ryder, use the
U-Haul, but depend on someone you really trust to guide you.  Bring a set
of ramps, whell chocks, etc.

Good luck.

Jack Brooks
Hillsdale, New Jersey