Gasket Sealants ??

To: triumphs@Autox.Team.Net
Subject: Gasket Sealants ??
From: ron botting <rcbotting@mindlink.bc.ca>
Date: Mon, 24 Feb 1997 18:57:08 -0800
As progress continues with the reconstruction of my '57 3A,  I have two
questions for my fellow members of the Triumph list regarding preferred
Gasket Sealant.....

1)       What type of sealant is most commonly used for the Figure (8)
gaskets at the bottom of the cylinder liners ?

1a)     Are the Figure (8) gaskets sealed both Top & Bottom / I have read
conflicting instructions on this item.

2)      What type of sealant is most commonly used for the Copper Head Basket ?

2a)     Is the Head Gasket lightly coated 'all over' or just around the
water jackets ?

thanking you all in advance

Ron Botting
Surrey, B.C. Canada