Re[2]: K&N Air Filters

To: clayts@vegasnet.net
Subject: Re[2]: K&N Air Filters
From: Mike A Gendimenico <Mike_A_Gendimenico@ccm.sc.intel.com>
Date: Mon, 24 Feb 97 16:16:00 PST
Cc: triumphs@Autox.Team.Net
Text item:

I've found that Denatured alcohol also works well.  I clean/brush with
denatured, then spray with graden hose from the inside out, then let dry and
oil.

Mike

>Hope this doesn't sound TOO silly a question - but could someone briefly
>describe the best way to wash and maintain these K&N filters PO had put on
>TR4.  (BTW - I believe this early TR4 was re-fitted with the later TR4A HS6
>carbs - what's easiest way to be sure?)

At the bike shops, we use gasoline or parts wash solvent and wash
it out and then blow it out
with shop air.  work from the inside to the outside (reverse the direction
the air flowed into
the unit).

>Must I buy air filter oil or is there a suitable replacement on my garage
>shelf already?

You should, it's the best air filter oil out there.  It's incredibly
sticky stuff.  Which is
what makes it work.  Using engine oil and such just doesn't do a good
job on a gauze filter.
The only oil I've ever met that might work is rock drill oil.  And
it isn't any cheaper then
filter oil.

Text item: External Message Header