Re: rust inside gas tank - 79 spit

To: eddinsk@NRISO.NOLA.NAVY.MIL
Subject: Re: rust inside gas tank - 79 spit
From: Martin_A._Secrest@NEB.VOA.GOV
Date: 26 Feb 97 16:13:31
Cc: triumphs@Autox.Team.Net
Indeed there is a tank sealing system, which I found out about from one of our
fellow scions (forget who ... sorry!)  Itıs available from Eastwoodıs for $40 +
S&H (1-800-345-1178).

I literally just finished using it last night, and it looks terrific.
Basically itıs a 3-step process by which you use diluted phosphoric acid (same
stuff in naval jelly) to derust and etch your tank, and then an impervious
sealing substance to coat the inside.  E-mail me directly if you want to know
more about what I encountered using it, and/or follow their directions to the
letter, and youıll be very pleased ...

---
Martin Secrest
ı74 Spitfire 1500