Question regarding front bumper, Spitfire Mk. I/II

To: triumphs@Autox.Team.Net
Subject: Question regarding front bumper, Spitfire Mk. I/II
From: creigkay@juno.com (Creig & Kay Houghtaling)
Date: Tue, 01 Apr 1997 06:10:43 EST
I have finally gotten around to fixiing the front bumper over
rider mounts on my '63 Spitfire.  Before now, they were
loose and ratteling around.  Both sides were hanging
loosely from the bolts only.  What looks to be an upper
mounting hook was not even being used.  One over
rider had a bent bolt, a washer and a spacer.  The other
had a metric bolt.  Luckly, I was able to tap the over rider
nut thread back to the correct thread.

My question is this.  How are the over riders supposed
to be mounted?  Should the top hook be used in
what looks like a notch in the top of the hood mounting
point?  Are there supposed to be spacers and conical
shaped washers that I don't have?  (I did buy new bolts
of a couple different lengths that were close.)

Thanks in advance!

Creig Houghtaling
St. Louis, MO