Re[2]: parts car

To: triumphs@Autox.Team.Net (Return requested), ak627@dayton.wright.edu (Return requested)
Subject: Re[2]: parts car
From: Peter Mchugh <Peter.Mchugh@faa.dot.gov>
Date: 01 Apr 1997 16:21:50 -0500
Alternate-recipient: Allowed
Conversion: Allowed
Disclose-recipients: Prohibited
X400-content-type: P2-1988 ( 22 )
X400-mts-identifier: [/c=US/admd=ATTMAIL/prmd=gov+dot/; 0493733417C6E21B-MTAdot1]
X400-originator: Peter.Mchugh@faa.dot.gov
X400-received: by mta MTAdot1 in /c=US/admd=ATTMAIL/prmd=gov+dot/; converted ( IA5-Text); Relayed; 01 Apr 1997 16:21:50 -0500
X400-received: by /c=US/admd=ATTMAIL/prmd=gov+dot/; converted ( IA5-Text); Relayed; 01 Apr 1997 16:21:50 -0500
X400-recipients: non-disclosure; <0493733417C6E21B*/c=US/admd=ATTmail/prmd=gov+dot/o=faa/s=Mchugh/g=Peter/@MHS>

     A Parts cars should be cheap...particularly if you intend to scrap
     them.

     I recently bought a complete 74 TR-6 for $100.00...removed the engine,
     trans, drive shaft, differential, glass, chrome, master and slave
     cylinders, radiator, dash (in excellent shape) and gauges, seats,
     spare tire and tool kit, jack and all lighting fixtures.  Sold the
     bonnet, front valance, air inlet shroud and boot lid to an insurance
     company for about $500.00.  Two wheels appeared ok but later turned
     out to be bent...the near new exhaust system is in the attic.  I
     traded the carbs, and gave away (to a friend) the chrome gas tank
     filler cap. A local junk yard came and took the rusted floorpans,
     fenders, and frame for free...tho may have given me $5.00 if I had
     been around to ask for it.

     I was sorry the frame couldn't have been saved.

     Shop around...a TR-6 parts car should be cheap.

     I know of a complete, "rust free", 73 TR-6 which was just bought for
     $3000.00 from original owners who had put nearly all of 60,000 miles
     on the car...it has now been disassembled for restoration, but is a
     much nicer car than my 73 which has received good care, many new parts
     and new imron paint (and more than 170,000 miles) since I bought it in
     80. (I

     An overdrive unit should be worth $5-800, rear differential
     $3-500...but a complete car with lots of rust should be worth just
     what it is worth to you to expend the work necessary to get pieces and
     parts...

     a TR-6 parts car should be cheap!

     PMcQ

     73 TR-6