Re: What color is British Racing Green?

To: <ctschmitz@CCGATE.HAC.COM>, <triumphs@Autox.Team.Net>
Subject: Re: What color is British Racing Green?
From: <smith007@ix.netcom.com>
Date: Tue, 1 Apr 97 20:36:05 -0000
>  Here's hoping that the subject question is not as dumb as it seems.
>
>     The original color of my Spitfire was Laurel Green, and I find this to
>     be just a bit too dark to be to my liking, and can't quite picture
>     myself living happily with it for the rest of my life!
>
>     I'd like to paint the car BRG but can't quite figure out what to ask
>     the paint guy to do, as he says there are several shades of BRG. The
>     color I have in mind is considerably lighter than Laurel Green and
>     seems to have a bit of yellow in it (I'm definitely differently-abled
>     when it comes to understanding colors!).
Tom, I'm glad you asked this question. I have a 69 TR6 in the shop,
awaiting a paint job, I have mostly, sorta, as of 2 weeks ago,
tentatively, decided on the BRG.However in 69 the BRG was called
Laurel(SP) green, it is a dark green, but I like the dark color.The local
GURU, who will one day get around to finishing my car, told me that the
Laurel Green looks to muddy, and tends to look dirty.He recommended the
Jaguar BRG. I have seen two TR6's sprayed this color and they look nice,
although the cars look different than the paint chips, that I looked at
and with the extra yellow in the Jag BRG, in the direct sunlight is like
a Kelly green and reminds me of a shamrock. Needless to say, I'm not
totally sold on the Jag BRG green yet, but at this point, he could paint
it any color, just as long as I get it back by next winter so I could
enjoy some cool driving weather here in FL.Accoring to Bill Piggott, (
The Original Triumph TR) his opinion is that TR6's are especially suited
to dark colors.

If there is anyone else out there who has debated what color to paint the
Triumph, and can describe, or inform me about the different colors ,BRG
vs. Laurel, I would appreciate it> It's a decision, I'm going to have to
live with for a long time!

Phil Smith
Tampa, FL.
69 TR6