Re: Spitfire engine

To: Joseph Schneider <joe-schneider@nwu.edu>
Subject: Re: Spitfire engine
From: bill nichol <bnicho19@bellsouth.net>
Date: Fri, 11 Apr 1997 02:13:20 -0400
Cc: triumphs@Autox.Team.Net
Joseph Schneider wrote:
> Joe
        Maybe you need to read the whole message before you go off. I've used
this method with many engines that have sat unused for long periods of
time. If the engine was in any kind of fair condition when it was put up
it will usually come out runnable as is with only light polishing of the
cyl. walls. I would recommend insp. and rebuild anyway of course but
compression and other tests can now be done to help determine wether to
procede at all.
Bill
"I have kids at home that don't listen either"
78Spit
80Wedge