Re: RUST!

To: hapkejs@cig.mot.com, triumphs@Autox.Team.Net
Subject: Re: RUST!
From: DANMAS@aol.com
Date: Tue, 15 Apr 1997 12:33:17 -0400 (EDT)
In a message dated 97-04-15, Jeff Hapke wrote:

<< OK, I need to replace a bunch of sheet metal on my TR6. Floors, rockers,
rear
 deck, maybe the B post. It is hard to tell exactly how deep it goes, the
DPO's
 used plenty of bondo to cover it up.
 I'm no body man, I have no body tools. I do have a Oxy/Ac torch and
experience
 with welding/brazing. I'm looking for some good reading material. Can anyone
 recommend a book detailing TR floor/rocker replacement?
 Can anyone who has done this repair comment on the difficulty of the work?
 Where do I cut first? >>

Jeff:

I highly recommend the book "Practical Classics and Car Restorer Triumph TR6
Restoration," ISBN 1-873098-27-8. It is available at some of the larger book
stores, and I think TRF, Moss, and VB also carry it. It is a complete
step-by-step photo record of a restoration of a VERY bad TR6. Just the thing
you need.

Good Luck!

Dan Masters,
Alcoa, TN