Re: Frustration

To: triumphs@Autox.Team.Net
Subject: Re: Frustration
From: David Brady <dmb@cisco.com>
Date: Wed, 16 Apr 1997 11:15:21 -0700
Ed,

I had a chance to buy a TR250 located in Sunnyvale California.
Owned by the original owner, comm # 69, never driven
in a rainy day, absolutely flawless original, perfect brightwork,
good paint (nice patina), no tears in interior, good dash, all
hoses and smog equipment on the motor, not a spec of rust anywhere,
no dents. Just a beautiful car. It had some owner enhancements
that would have to come off: a fiberglass surrey top, and an
alarm system (don't ask why). The car was driven by his wife for
30 years, never even downshifted the trany. On the road for
every one of those 30 years, but mileage was in the 50Ks. He
was taking the highest bid. When I showed up the bid was $7800. I
offered $8500 (I should have take cash with me). It sold for
higher than $8500 but I don't know exactly what the selling price
was. He never called me for a subsequent bid. When I called him
a few days later he informed me that the car was sold.

This was the kind of car that you just put in the garage, clean it up
a bit, enjoy it on sunny days, and take it to a show or 2 per year.
Just beautiful. I'm still annoyed that I didn't get a follow-up
telephone call.  Keep up the search, these cars are around.

So who's the lucky owner? are you out there?
--
Dave Brady
dmb@cisco.com