missouri rally

To: triumphs@Autox.Team.Net
Subject: missouri rally
From: Gary Nafziger <naffy@netins.net>
Date: Sun, 20 Apr 1997 21:49:17 -0500
I had heard about an interesting rally in Missouri a year or two ago with
very simple rules.  The entrants were given the addresses of 4 gas
stations/truck stops in as many differant directions.  The trick was to
visit the 4 stations get some gas and bring the receipts back to prove you
had been there.  The one with the lowest mileage won.  This was sponsered by
an English car club.

Has anyone on the list been involved and are there plans for one this year?
If anyone has done it, what was the experience like?  It seems to me it was
close to 1000 miles and all done on a weekend!  Knowing the roads in
Missouri this could be a reas test of endurance!
                Gary, Frances Nafziger
                Wellman, Iowa