Re: Seatbelts

To: Wayne Tallack <tallack@ibm.net>
Subject: Re: Seatbelts
From: "Johnny Storm: International racing car driver" <hiu06f@bangor.ac.uk>
Date: Thu, 1 May 1997 12:22:38 +0100 (BST)
Cc: triumphs@Autox.Team.Net
On Wed, 30 Apr 1997, Wayne Tallack wrote:

> I know that the subject of seatbelts has been covered a lot but I was
> wondering if anyone has replaced the stock seatbelts with something like
> like 4 point belts?
>
> If so, how were they to install?  (Dis)advantages?

I run a three point 'TOTAL' harness in my spit 1500. I theory it sounds
great,
race car looks etc but in practice things are a bit duff. Alignment  of
the securing eyes is a bit tough and race harnesses get twisted easily when
getting in/out a number of times. If you can put up with that and not
being able to reaching your road atlas then go for it! Ah harness
supports you better when whacking it ariund a tight bend.

Johnny Storm
'77 Spitfire 1500