Re: New Idea for filling rear end...

To: triumphs@Autox.Team.Net
Subject: Re: New Idea for filling rear end...
From: DLMAssoc@aol.com
Date: Fri, 2 May 1997 13:10:56 -0400 (EDT)
Someone wrote:

>I poke a pinhole in the gearoil bottle at the top (above the level of the
>fluid) and push in a sports attachment for my tire pump (the little pin to
>fill a football, etc).  I place the tube in the diff filler hole, and give
>the pump a few small squeezes, until I see the oil moving up the tube...

It sounds like a great idea, and probably works, but there's an easier way...
Go to any marine place (that's boats, not jarheads) and get a pump for
filling outboard engine lower units.  Mine cost about $7.00 at Sports
Unlimited and works great... also for transmissions and other things that
require uphill pumping.  The plastic bottle of 90 wt (or whatever), screws
onto the pump and off you go.  No fuss, no muss.. but probably not nearly as
much fun as the homemade rig.

Bye,
Don Marshall
'57 TR3   '63 TR3B   '63 TR4