Re: Electronic Ignition Infuriation

To: bkgallry@crl.com, triumphs@Autox.Team.Net
Subject: Re: Electronic Ignition Infuriation
From: DANMAS@aol.com
Date: Mon, 5 May 1997 11:53:11 -0400 (EDT)
In a message dated 97-05-04, Erik wrote:

<< We also installed a new Lucas coil but did not install an independent
 Bal;last Resistor as we believe there is an internal . >>

Erik:

Did you install the Lucas "Sport Coil' or the standard coil? With the lucas
Sport Coil, you don't need a ballast resister, but your Spitfire has one, I
believe, which will need to be bypassed. If you installed the standard coil,
nothing else needs to be done.

Look at your coil wiring. If the stock wire to the plus terminal is
white/yellow, you have a ballast resister; if the wire is white, you don't.
If you need to bypass it, connect the plus terminal to the white wire at the
fuse box, and leave the existing white/yellow wire as is (this is just for
convenience, you can remove it if you wish).

When I installed a Crane ignition on my TR6, it went in easy as pie, with no
problems. Maybe you have a defective unit?

Dan Masters,
Alcoa, TN