New Acquisition

To: triumphs@Autox.Team.Net
Subject: New Acquisition
From: joe worsley <worsley@ebicom.net>
Date: Fri, 09 May 1997 12:14:00 -0700
Well folks I did it.  I am now the proud owner of a 72 TR6
concertable, occasionally driven by a little old lady for the last 25
years.  The only problem is the work I now have to do on it.  It has not
been driven since 1994 and the clutch cylinder has funny fuzzy stuff in
it instead of fluid.  Could that be corrosion??  I think I have just
acquired a body off restoration project for my up comming retirement in
about a year.  Got to get the new house build over in NC first.

It looks like the typical restoration.  The car only has 58,000mi on it
and no end play on the crank but having come from Ohio it needs new floor
pans, replace lower plate on rear part of frame mount point for rear
suspension appers to be good.  All of the chroime is in real good
shape and not a dent anywhere on the body. Has a little rust over one
rear tail light and needs lots and lots of tender loving care.  It also
has a like new set of real redlines.

I guess I will now learn about TR6's.  I'll forward the ID info for the
TR6 list when I get it (car is stored in previous owners big outbuilding
until I move).

Joe Worsley
80 TR8 DHC  Today is TR8 restoration day - Reinstalling orig. carbs
Tupelo, MS