Re: TR-4 Questions

To: ArthurK101@aol.com
Subject: Re: TR-4 Questions
From: Gregory Petrolati <gpetrola@prairienet.org>
Date: Mon, 19 May 1997 07:51:02 -0500 (CDT)
Cc: token1@ridgecrest.ca.us, triumphs@Autox.Team.Net
On Sun, 18 May 1997 ArthurK101@aol.com wrote:

> In a message dated 97-05-16 12:45:51 EDT, gpetrola@prairienet.org (Gregory
> Petrolati) writes:
>
> > I don't think so... I have a friend who has CT415L his looks pretty
> >     much like mine.
>
> Greg, could you please verify this?  I.E. is CT415L original for these parts

        Would that I could... The fellow, a charter member in the CITOA has
        dropped out of sight. He hasn't been to events for several years.

> and does she have aluminum over the windscreen and around the back of the
> cockpit where the hood attaches?

        The windscreen cap and cockpit surrounds were chromed or polisehed
        aluminum. The only other item that might be chromed brass might
        be the fittings for wind deflectors that I have heard about for TR4s,
        but have never seen.

        To clarify my staement concerning the dash for early TR4s. As
        have found from very reliable sources the dash boards for the first
        year TR4's were only offered in metal... PAINTED WHITE (as to what
        shade of white, the paint codes or other such minutia I'll leave that
        the anal types that live for it). If a first year TR4 has a wood dash,
        it was most likely an after market Item or home made.

        Gre Petrolati

Greg Petrolati, Champaign, Illinois