Re: '73 TR6 (was TR6 '74 & '74 1/2 cars)

To: streeter@sanders.com, triumphs@Autox.Team.Net
Subject: Re: '73 TR6 (was TR6 '74 & '74 1/2 cars)
From: DANMAS@aol.com
Date: Tue, 20 May 1997 18:41:34 -0400 (EDT)
In a message dated 97-05-20, Ken Streeter wrote:

> I think (from looking at lots of pictures) that the front bumper
>  actually existed at three different heights, from lowest to highest:
>
>       (1) the early cars
>       (2) the late '74 cars w/overriders & indicators over
>       (3) the 75/76 cars w/overriders, and indicators under

Ken:

I have been looking at a lot of pictures, too, and a lot of cars,  just for
this subject. I have never seen it written anywhere, but there is a fourth
category - 1973. For this year, the front bumper was lowered about one inch
or so, but is otherwise the same as the eary bumpers. No rubber overriders
were fitted. On the earlier cars, the bumper almost touches the indicator
lamps. On the '73, there is clearly a space.

I may be off a little on the year, but I am almost certain that around '73,
this type bumper was fitted. I don't think it's just a case of someone
removing the overriders, either, because that leaves the mounting holes
visible. I would love to have confirmation on this. It has been puzzling me
for quite a while. Anyone?

Dan Masters,
Alcoa, TN

                    www.sky.net/~boballen/mg/Masters/