TR6 Rear valance

To: triumphs@Autox.Team.Net
Subject: TR6 Rear valance
From: flywi@northnet.net
Date: Thu, 29 May 1997 08:08:02 -0500
This was standard on all (UK and US) TR6's except some of the very early
ones. The proper color is satin black. Have you ever tried to wax flat
paint?
I just purchased a '74 TR6 that didn't have the blackout treatment and
applied it myself. It's an easy job but do it right. Take the lights
out, including the valance mounted license plate lamps. Take the
"Triumph" badge off. The bumper can probably stay in place (my did)
because the black paint ends where the rear valance curves under. A
popular way to paint the back black INCORRECTLY is to run the black all
the way down the back of the car. This is WRONG.
We ran an article in 6-Pack magazine on how to properly paint the rear
valance and included an illustration provided by TRF.
Kerry Fores
Editor
6-Pack (The Triumph TR6 and TR250 Car Club)
tr66pack@aol.com