Re: Lesser of two evils

To: Damian Penney <dpenney@fortpt.com>
Subject: Re: Lesser of two evils
From: Nolan Penney <npenney@erols.com>
Date: Fri, 30 May 1997 22:40:29 -0400
Cc: triumphs@Autox.Team.Net
>Which is worse for a car dieseling or back firing ?

I'd say it depends.  Had a pickup that when it backfired through the
exhaust it would promptly blow the exhaust system up.  That was a little
expensive.  Really torqued Sears off too, after we switched to their
backfire proof guaranteed mufflers.

Carburetor backfire on an old Holley is just startling, but with rubber
diaphrams in a Stromburg, it can be quite annoyingly destructive.

Heavy dieseling can do nasty things to bearings.  Especially if it keeps
on pounding the engine over at very low rpms.

Totally unrelated to Triumphs, I'd have to say I really like you last
name.  Has a most distinctive ring. <g>