Re: kN air filters

To: triumphs@Autox.Team.Net
Subject: Re: kN air filters
From: Eric Kieboom <ekieboom@xs4all.nl>
Date: Thu, 12 Jun 1997 21:47:58 -0100
At 16:42 12-06-97 +0200, robert ylitalo <robert.ylitalo@kiruna.se> wrote:
>i have installed kn air filters in my car
>The cars runs perfect on idle and up to 3000rpm.
>But if i increase the rpm th rpm starts jumping between2500 and upto
>3500. Why is this?

When you say 'jumping', do you mean the engine starts missing? Does it feel
like it's running out of breath?

In that case, your problem may be similar to what I experienced on
installing K&N's and a free-flow exhaust: lean running. My car didn't want
to rev over 4000 rpm if it was under any sort of load.
The 'problem' is, K&N filters admit a lot more air to the carbs compared to
the orginal system, upsetting the mixture. Now may be the time to start
experimenting with richer needles. You may also need stiffer damper springs...

Eric 'never finished with these cars' Kieboom
The Netherlands
('77 Spit 1500)