Triumph Racing Green

To: triumphs@Autox.Team.Net
Subject: Triumph Racing Green
From: cak@dimebank.com (Chris Kantarjiev)
Date: Thu, 12 Jun 1997 13:16:29 -0700
As with all variants of "British Racing Green", Triumph painted their cars
a couple of different shades, depending on different models, and called tham
all "Triumph Racing Green" (code 25, aka Conifer Green). When I repainted
my TR4A a few years back, I wanted to restore her to her original
TRG color schem (she was red at the time) and did some digging.

It turns out that the Moss (US, at least) catalog has a table that relates
Triumph paint codes to commercial color schemes (Dockers and Sikkens numbers,
as I recall). I haven't managed to find my notes (yet, I will), but
we came up with a number that was easily turned into a batch of DuPont
Centari paint and matches the unmolested areas quite well.

I personally find that edition of TRG to be a touch too yellow for
my taste, even though it's authentic. The early TR6s were painted a
slightly different shade, with less yellow and more black, still code 25;
I have a Dockers number for that, too, and will probablyuse
it next time I paint the car.

I'll dig out the notes later this week and send them off.