Re: Car show judging

To: STU-JO <STU-JO@prodigy.net>
Subject: Re: Car show judging
From: Bob Jones <JONES_M2@popmail.firn.edu>
Date: Mon, 16 Jun 1997 22:43:16 -0500
Cc: triumphs@Autox.Team.Net
STU-JO wrote:

> Does anyone have any insight as to how people choose the best car in class
> at our various shows? For the second year in a row, in our club a 250 with
> a nice paint job won first. Under the hood, which is always closed, the
> whole engine compartment, (including the carbs! has been painted with black
> crinkle paint.
> The second place went to a red TR3 in average shape, while a BRG TR3 in
> close to concours condition came in 3rd.
> Last year I took 2nd with my red TR3 which also was not as good as the BRG
> one.
>
> I always felt that if the hood wasn't open, it meant the engine bay was not
> in good shape, so I never voted for a car with a closed hood. However
> people have told me the lines of the car look better with the hood down. I
> must say I was disappointed my 8 got nothing after I spent two months
> painting the engine compt, buffing all the alloy , redoing wiring etc.
>
> Also, what about the age of the car?
>
> My conclusions are that :
> The smaller the better
> Red beats any other color
> In the same class, the older car will win
> A clean engine bay is unimportant
>
> What do you guys think?
Your answer is:

Does it go, really go!!  Pretty cars are nice but Triumphs are for
driving.  Who the hell cares if the prettest trailer queen wins the
show?  Be proud of you 6 and the work you put into it but don't worry
about winning.  At the TEMPLE's May Car Show the Best In Show showed
seven different shades of primer.  We reward purpose and spirit.
Drive to Glory
Bob