TR4 originality (wheel color)

To: Triumphs List <triumphs@Autox.Team.Net>
Subject: TR4 originality (wheel color)
From: Dean Mericas <dmericas@limno.com>
Date: Sat, 28 Jun 1997 13:55:23 -0400 (EDT)
Regarding the spa white wheels, under the warm silver, my wheels have
white paint with a black pin stripe around the outer rim area.  I assumed
that it was original, although I prefer the silver.

Let me get this straight.  Due to factors beyond the factory's control,
they shifted to painting the wheels white.  After the fact, they were
benevolent enough not to charge extra for what they wanted to stress was
an improvement that they apparently had no control over.  This sounds like
heavy marketing spin to me.

Dean Mericas
1965 TR4 (CT37089L)