Anti Run on Valve/Oil pressure switch

To: triumphs@Autox.Team.Net
Subject: Anti Run on Valve/Oil pressure switch
From: "Dean C. Paige" <ecopaige@metro.net>
Date: Fri, 18 Jul 1997 09:41:50 -0700
73 TR-6. Have'nt encountered this before.

Battery has been running down last couple of weeks. Apparently anti run
on valve escarpment is remaining switched on (closed?) after the engine
is switched off. My understanding is that the oil pressure switch has
control over this valve - oil pressure up = valve closed = vacuum
maintained. Oil pressure to zero = engine off = valve open = vacuum lost
= no run-on. My conclusion - oil pressure switch malfuntion maintains
circuit closure after oil pressure drop. Closed circuit drains battery.
Have I got this right? Any other suggestions on testing the theory befroe
buying new o p switch.

Dean