Re: Radio Dementia/TR6

To: triumphs@Autox.Team.Net
Subject: Re: Radio Dementia/TR6
From: rgb@exact.com
Date: Fri, 1 Aug 13:53:43 1997
Cc: LGarey@mail.dot.state.nc.us
>LGarey@mail.dot.state.nc.us
>There is a company called Custom Autosound that modifies Kenwoods, etc.
>to fit the TR6, and many other vintage cars.  Their # is 800-901-0222

I contacted these folks, they are in Indiana.  For the TR6 there
are 3 models (phone info, might not be perfect, but close):

1.  25W Clarion AM/FM/Cassette with black face, $189, model USA-1
2.  40W Clarion AM/FM/Cassette with chrome face, $249, model USA-3
3.  40W Clarion AM/FM/Cassette with CD controls, $249, model USA-4
    (chrome face, clock)

Basically, some company in California buys/modifies the Clarion bare
chasis to fit the British cars.  All are special order.  Same folks can
provide odd-ball speakers for OEM cutouts as well.

Absolutely NO cutting!

I bet someone in CA can find the source, these guys sound like
middlemen, but great concept anyway!!!

Roger