Re: TR6 tie rod

To: Robert J Carley <rcarley@uoguelph.ca>, triumph listserv <triumphs@Autox.Team.Net>
Subject: Re: TR6 tie rod
From: Roger Helman <rogerh@digimation.com>
Date: Mon, 04 Aug 1997 09:29:37 -0500
Robert J Carley wrote:

> Does anyone have any tips for removing a tie rod from the steering
> rack on a TR6?  Mine is bent, and I would like to straighten it.
>
> I have the tie rod detached from the tie rod end, and have the rubber
> bellow removed.  This is on the driver's side of the car (LHD).
>
> Thanks
>
> Robert Carley
> 73TR6
> Ontario, Canada

Robert, It's my understanding that once a tie rod is bent it's bent. If
you could get it straight, it would most probably bend again. I believe
that the stress of all this bending could cause the tie rod to fail. You
really should replace it..

--
Roger Helman                  71 TR6 CC67866L
Digimation Inc.               http://deepthought.digimation.com/rogerh/