Re: slave cylinder & pilot bushing

To: gentilesco@lucent.com
Subject: Re: slave cylinder & pilot bushing
From: ArthurK101@aol.com
Date: Mon, 4 Aug 1997 17:50:24 -0400 (EDT)
Cc: triumphs@Autox.Team.Net
In a message dated 97-08-04 15:25:13 EDT, gentilesco@lucent.com writes:

>  <  snip  >
> two questions, if I may.
>
>  First, the clutch slave cylinder seems very stiff, almost frozen. We
>  dissasembled and re-assembled it, and the motion seems free, but it will
>  not restore with the spring alone. ( We have used a compressor to shoot
>  some air in to free it). Is this normal? We never had a clutch problem.
>
>  Second, the original pilot bushing was lost when we disassembled the
>  engine. The replacement seems to be too long (it measures 1") and would
>  stand proud on the flywheel.  Is this normal, or do we have to machine
>  it down to be flush?
>
>  We appreciate any help you could provide.
>
>  Thank you very much,
>
>  Joe Gentilesco

Joe,
I am going to send this to the list rather than try to solve 2 specific
problems which I have never had.  I would rather admit that than tell you
something that could foul things up.  Cheers.

Anybody help, folks?  I'm pretty sure that this is a TR4 since Joe came at me
in my role as VTR TR4 consultant.  Thanks.

Art Kelly  (sometimes I don't know how to spell a word, so I use my
dictionary -same idea)