Re: Brookland Books TR6 Gold Portfolio

To: "Gene M." <MClan@postoffice.worldnet.att.net>, triumphs@Autox.Team.Net
Subject: Re: Brookland Books TR6 Gold Portfolio
From: Rodney Orr <rodney@mindoro.com>
Date: Sun, 10 Aug 1997 11:36:00 -0600
Gene,
I agree, it is an excellent book - especially because of the photographs of
cars in their original state, i.e., without the "modifications" later
owners have made to most of our cars.  If anyone ever decides to republish
the articles in colour, however, that would be even better.  The often poor
quality black & white reproductions in this reprint are the only negative
thing about it.  Also note that some of the captions for the photos on page
81 are mixed-up.
If you don't already have it, another good reference is the book by Steven
Rossi and Ian Clarke called "The Triumph TR5/250 and TR6 Companion".
Unlike most Triumph books that deal mostly with the UK cars, this one
describes the North American cars in good detail - if that's of any use to
you.
BTW, what is the build date of your '70 TR6?
Regards,
Rod.  '70 TR6  CC55899L  (built July 2, '70)