Distributor springs and weights

To: Triumphs@Autox.Team.Net
Subject: Distributor springs and weights
From: "Jack I. Brooks" <brooks@belcotech.com>
Date: Mon, 11 Aug 1997 10:07:01 -0400
As I am progressing on my rolling restoration, I dissasembled my distributor
yesterday, as I was installing the new vacuum advance.  Much to my dismay,
the pivot holes on my weights are worn about two holes wide and the springs
are of different weight materials.  Moss and TRF don't carry the weights and
only Moss has the springs (@ $14.95 each) even though I thought they were
different.

Interestingly enough, TRF sells remanufactured distributors, but doesn't
sell the components which go into it.  They subcontract the distributor
manufacture.

Does anyone have a viable source, or spare set for these springs and
weights?  My distributor is PN 40480

Has anyone repaired weights; epoxy, solder, etc.?

Your assistance is greatly appreciated.

Jack (Feeling a little unsprung and dizzy) Brooks
1960 TR3A, TS69032L