Dash pad, GT6,revisited

To: triumphs@Autox.Team.Net
Subject: Dash pad, GT6,revisited
From: "Theis, Karl J" <THESKJ@edex.ems.lmco.com>
Date: Tue, 12 Aug 1997 14:00:52 -0700
Disposition-notification-to: <THESKJ@edex.ems.lmco.com>
Thanks to all who responded to my post about locating a good dash pad
for my MK1 GT6.  It seems that some of you had good luck recovering
the pad with vinyl.  Reaction was mixed toward the use of the various
types of plastic overlays on the market.  I would especially like to
thank Atwell Haines for his recommendation that I call Nigel Cosh at
Spit Bits.  I did, And although he doesn't have a MK1 dash pad in
stock now, he periodically does and is expecting a shipment in soon
from the U.K.  I hope to have a replacement pad soon.
HERE'S MY NEXT QUESTION...
Nigel (gotta love that name) does have a MKII dash pad in stock, but
he didn't know how it differs from the MKI dash top.
Does anyone know the difference between a MKI dashtop pad and a MKII
dashtop pad?  Are they interchangeable
Thanks again,
Karl Theis