Re: TR6 door gap

To: Robert J Carley <rcarley@uoguelph.ca>
Subject: Re: TR6 door gap
From: Kristina Turner <turner@public.se>
Date: Wed, 13 Aug 1997 09:29:39 +0200
Cc: triumphs@Autox.Team.Net
When I bought my TR6 for restoration, it too had a big gap at the top of
both doors. It was big enough to push the top of my finger in. In the
case of my car, it was probably caused when a PO changed the sills on
the car. The body of the car is not rigid in itself (the chassis is
separate), so when you take a sill out, it can "sag". Weld the new sill
in, and the geometry's changed. The sag is evident in this widened door
gap.

Indeed, if the body comes off the chassis, the gap between the A and B
posts (between the front and back of the doors) must be braced to
prevent this from happening. This is described in more detail in the
Practical Classics Triumph TR6 Restoration book. (ISBN 1-873098-27-8)

Hope this helps,

Adam Turner
'74 TR6