Spitfire viscous fan clutch

To: triumphs@Autox.Team.Net
Subject: Spitfire viscous fan clutch
From: Barry Schwartz <bschwartz@encad.com>
Date: Wed, 13 Aug 1997 06:49:30 -0700
Trevor B. writes:
>Side issue, does anyone know which years of Spitfire
>engines had a viscous-clutch fan?
************************
Trevor,
The Spitfire used this type of clutch on 75-78 1500's.  As an interesting
side note the 79-80 Spitfire discarded both the fan clutch and mechanical
fan in favor of an electric -

And no Dan, you didn't fail, (there's no such thing as 'free' energy) the
discussion just took several different path's :-)
*************************
>Evidently, I've failed miserably in making the point I was trying to make,
so I will
>quietly fold my tent, and fade into the night.
Is that light powered by a gas driven generator, ;-} ?  Sorry couldn't resist-

Barry Schwartz in San Diego, CA

Bschwartz@encad.com
72-V6/5sp Spitfire ( daily driver )
70 GT6+ ( when I don't drive the Spitfire )
70 (sorta) Spitfire ( project )
73  Ford Courier ( parts hauler )