Re: Carb Oil

To: Chris Oliver <Chris_Oliver@emh3.arl.mil>
Subject: Re: Carb Oil
From: Gregory Petrolati <gpetrola@prairienet.org>
Date: Fri, 15 Aug 1997 07:34:48 -0500 (CDT)
Cc: triumphs@Autox.Team.Net
On Thu, 14 Aug 1997, Chris Oliver wrote:

>      I trashed the messages about the prefered carb oil.  I am running ZS
>      150 CD carbs.  The PO told me he ran ATF, and now they need a top up.
>      Is ATF ok, or should I use oil?  If I switch to oil how do I get the
>      ATF out of the carbs, or can I mix it.  Also, where do I look to stop
>      the oil leak?  these are pre smog carbs, with the brass adjustment
>      screws on the bottom.  thanks, Chris

        I used ATF in my SUs til I ran out (I had a couple of pints left
        over from a leaky Mazda) It worked fine... nice throttle response.
        I Use 20wt now... don't notice any significant dif...

        BTW I've a great method of carrying the oil in my tool box (so it
        doesn't go all over the place). I use an Elmers Glue bottle (with
        the twist top) It seals really well and delivers the oil right where
        I want it.

        Greg Petrolati

Greg Petrolati, Champaign, Illinois