RE: Soft top windows

To: "'John L. Walker'" <up497@freenet.victoria.bc.ca>
Subject: RE: Soft top windows
From: Peter Zaborski <peterz@merak.com>
Date: Fri, 15 Aug 1997 09:41:51 -0600
Cc: "'TR6 List'" <triumphs@Autox.Team.Net>
Malcom,

Try a product called Meguiar's plastic polish (I don't have the product
name quite correct but the brand Meguiar's is definitely correct). It is
a two part process with part one being a bottle of cleaner/scratch
remover and the second one being a polish. Meguiar's should be readily
available in any boat shop since boats have ususally many plastic
windows. I got mine at a Mercury Marine outlet here in Calgary. I
beleive you are in Victoria so boating supplies should be way more
abundant than here.

BTW, unfortunately because this stuff really works well (at least on
reasonable small scratches) it costs about $8 per bottle. But it does
work if your windows are only slightly scratched up.

Good luck!

Peter Zaborski
76 TR6 (CF58310 UO)
Calgary AB Canada