Re: Air Shocks

To: "Maurice" <mhdykes@Thinkage.On.CA>, "Listers" <british-cars@Autox.Team.Net>, "Listers" <triumphs@Autox.Team.Net>
Subject: Re: Air Shocks
From: "Dave H." <nowin4me@telis.org>
Date: Fri, 15 Aug 97 14:57:52 -0000
>Hi Dave,
>
>Can you summarize to the list all the info you received besides the post
>regarding 76 vette shocks?
>
>What are the advantages of this modification...
> Mainly for camber and ride height?
> Add any ride quality to the almost non existant wheel travel?
>
>Regrads
>Maurice

Man, I didn't know there was  going to be a quiz. :-)
Okay here goes.
In a nutshell, this is not a good idea. Okay, that's too small of shell.
The AIR-SHOCKS are a good idea. The swing spring, is not.
>From all the info gathered, the Spit spring is just not strong enough.
The air shocks would compensate, but the ride would be sacraficed.
For those of you interested in the shock conversion, check out
http://www.vtr.org/maintain/airshocks-spitfire.html
It give all of the skinny on this project.

Dave