TR-3A, TR-4A Good Lord, now I have two!

To: triumphs@Autox.Team.Net, british-cars@Autox.Team.Net
Subject: TR-3A, TR-4A Good Lord, now I have two!
From: John Cowan <jfcowan@earthlink.net>
Date: Sun, 17 Aug 1997 08:01:39 -0700 (PDT)
    Well, I did it.  I bought the TR-4A I've been posting questions about
for the last two weeks.  Paid $4765 for it, as is, but with the condition
that it be reliably driveable. Wayne Bier, the owner of Triumphs Only in
San Jose CA, stuck by the car, fixing things until it was right.  Oil
pressure is still 50-70 on the Hwy and 10-15 hot idle at traffic lights.
Que sera', sera', I guess. Even if the car doesn't hold up, I was treated
about as well as you can be in this kind of situation.
    For the reasons why I made this purchase, see the next post.  Many
thanks to all who answered questions and offered suggestions.
John Cowan