Spifire Overdrive Speedo gears and rimmer Bros.

To: triumphs@Autox.Team.Net
Subject: Spifire Overdrive Speedo gears and rimmer Bros.
From: Metwrench@aol.com
Date: Mon, 18 Aug 1997 00:46:33 -0400 (EDT)
Hi All,

2 questions:

 1) Has anyone ran into problems getting the overdrive speedo drive gears? I
just got through rebuilding a box and overdrive for my 80 spit. Just as I was
about to put it in I rechecked and found the Speedo drive and driven gear
munched. I can't seem to find the correct driven gear ( brown with 18 teeth
). The drive gear I have now in it is Plastic , and 1 long piece thats sits
on the mainshaft. I have tried everyone in the US (vic, special int.,
Roadster fac, ) to get the driven gear, Finally found a Junk yard in NY that
has a half decent one with 20 teeth. I hope it works !. My other problem is I
got a drive gear from Roadster Factory, Its Metal and much shorter that the
one I have. I will have to buy some type of spacer/collar to go on the
mainshaft to  make it work. Has any of you ran into these problems ?

2) Have any of you used E-mail communications to Rimmer bros.
(sales@rimmer.com). I have E-mailed them about this question regarding
locating the Speedo driven gear twice. They have not answered my mail. Can
anyone tell me if they have made out using E-mail with them ?

Thanks
John Spofford
Peabody, Ma

80-8