Re: Jack stands and fear of pancake head

To: triumphs@Autox.Team.Net
Subject: Re: Jack stands and fear of pancake head
From: Tom Tweed <ak627@dayton.wright.edu>
Date: Wed, 20 Aug 1997 15:17:31 -0400
Hello Doug,

Thanks for your detailed post and cautionary tales, very well put.

Since most of my old car work has been done in old barns, I must
second your notices about the steadiness of the jackstands paling
in comparison to the fire hazards.  I have seen more than one old
barn catch fire, and once it goes through the roof, you'll be lucky
to be able to salvage the foundation, and the contents will be history.
The above barns were not at my place, thank goodness and knock on wood,
but a good fire extinguisher is definitely cheap insurance.

Best regards,
Tom Tweed
SW Ohio