Re: trunk (boot?) board hdwe...

To: "Chris Lillja" <Chris_Lillja@Pupress.Princeton.Edu>
Subject: Re: trunk (boot?) board hdwe...
From: "Brian S. Thomas" <thomasb@post.queensu.ca>
Date: Fri, 22 Aug 1997 10:48:26 -0400
Cc: triumphs@triumph.cs.utah.edu
At 10:10 AM 8/22/97 EST, you wrote:
>Hi folks,
>
>I just recd. my B/O'd trunk board from TRF for my TR4A. It came with
>a nice set of clip/nuts, but no screws. Ahh me.
>
>Anyway - could someone out there let me know what kind of screws hold
>their cardboard in place in their trunk? Just lemmie know slot head
>or phillips head, legnth and color ... I'll fake it with stuff
>from the hardware store until I can find the real thing...

Chris:

By "trunk board", I assume you mean the board that covers the gas tank (as
opposed to the one that covers the spare tire).

If this is the case, the screws are black "pan-head" phillips.  A black washer
goes on each (on the trunk side).  Length is probably 1/2 - 3/4 inch.  If you
got the clips (that slide onto plates welded to the body to pick up the
screws),  I suggest you take a clip with you to the hardware store in order
to get the correct size.

By the way, I installed my TR4A trunk board from TRF last weekend.  I
purchased a separate "installation kit" which included all hardware.  A an
interesting aside, my car does not have a plate on the right side to
install the clip/screw.  The board is pre-drilled in this location.  Does
your's have the plate?

Good luck!

Brian
(who is currently completing the fabrication of the other trunk board)

Brian S. Thomas                 e-mail: ThomasB@Post.QueensU.Ca
Co-ordinator, Info. Systems     v-mail: 613-545-2228
Computing Centre                   fax: 613-545-2168
Queen's University                home: 613-542-8110
Kingston, Ontario CANADA K7L 3N6  toys: '54 TR2,'56 TR3,'67 TR4A,'80 TR8