GT6 shift knob corrosion

To: triumphs@Autox.Team.Net
Subject: GT6 shift knob corrosion
From: Barry Schwartz <bschwartz@encad.com>
Date: Wed, 27 Aug 1997 07:46:49 -0700
Hi All,
Has anybody else experienced the same corrosion or rusting of their OVD
shift knob.  Apparently I have very acidic hands, and the cast(?) knob
(steel?)  has appeared to have rusted, or started to.  The only thing I can
see to fix this is to paint or have it powder coated (preferred).  Has
anybody encountered this and successfully fixed the problem (short of
buying a new knob with the same inherent problem)?

Barry Schwartz in San Diego, CA

Bschwartz@encad.com
72-V6/5sp Spitfire ( daily driver )
70 GT6+ ( when I don't drive the Spitfire )
70 (sorta) Spitfire ( project )
73  Ford Courier ( parts hauler )