re: Undercoating Removal

To: triumphs@Autox.Team.Net
Subject: re: Undercoating Removal
From: Kenneth Brown <kbrown@trmx3.dot.ca.gov>
Date: Thu, 28 Aug 1997 07:08:53 -0800
Thanks you everyone for the advice on removing the undercoating. The consensus
seems to be to use heat to soften the undercoating  then using a plastic putty
knife (or round the edges of a metal one) scrape the coating away. Once the
majority of the undercoating is removed some bug and tar remover or lacquer
thinner can be used to remove the rest. Some additional words of wisdom are to
dress appropriately, have good ventilation, and be prepared for a mess.

Thanks once again,
Ken
TR250
PS:  Haven't recieved  the "digest" yet but I think I double posted the orginal
question to the list........sorry!