Re: Uh-oh...

To: triumphs@Autox.Team.Net
Subject: Re: Uh-oh...
From: Barry Schwartz <bschwartz@encad.com>
Date: Thu, 28 Aug 1997 13:22:38 -0700
John S. writes:
>It's in the rear of the frame, exactly at the point that the rear shock
>towers weld to the main rail..  Never noticed it until today, but after
>picking away all of the rusted crap it looks to be pretty extensive.
*****************************
If it were mine I would replace the frame.  As far as the title is
concerned, as long as you use your old tub I don't see any problem.  A lot
of frames had no numbers on them anyway, so there is no real way to tell
what it came from.  As for me, well as long as you are not trying to
'mislead' or defraud anyone about the car's origin, and aren't using stolen
parts, than I see no problem switching just about everything.  There is no
law about customizing your car as far as I know (except for those ride
height, fenders, signals, brakes etc.) and one could conceivably replace
all the panels, bumpers, etc. and change ones car from a MK II to a MK4.
But it's just easier to replace the tub- JMHO - (legal disclaimers apply,
you didn't here it from me juist in case :-}.)

Barry Schwartz in San Diego, CA

Bschwartz@encad.com
72-V6/5sp Spitfire ( daily driver )
70 GT6+ ( when I don't drive the Spitfire )
70 (sorta) Spitfire ( project )
73  Ford Courier ( parts hauler )