RE: parking brake adjustment

To: triumphs <triumphs@Autox.Team.Net>, " Mr. Mike Passaretti" <passaretti@sol.med.ge.com>
Subject: RE: parking brake adjustment
From: Zempel David <Zempel_David@spmm.lmms.lmco.com>
Date: Wed, 01 Oct 1997 09:49:20 -0700
>Passaretti wrote:
>P.S.  I noted that you have a surrey top 4.  I'm thinking of
>      retro-fitting a surrey top to my 4, and I was wondering
>      if you'd be willing to give some technical advice and
>      such.  Good photos and drawings of how the surrey was
>      attached and what differences in trim and hardware there
>      were seem to be very scarce to non-existent.

I had the surrey top off about 13 years ago when I painted the
car.  Attachment is rather simple, about 8 studs with either
7/16" or 1/2" inch nuts and washers.  The studs are attached to
the bottom of the surrey top frame.  There are holes in the
body.  I believe that they are the same holes that would be used
to attach the chrome caps/trim used to attach a soft top.  But
I'm not sure.  If there is someone in the area with a digital camera
willing to help, I could get real enthuasiastic about documenting
the attachment of the surrey top.  Until then, I'll be happy to
provide any measurements or descriptions requested.  I'll check
around to see if I can borrow a camera. Perhaps someone with the
Santa Clara chapter of Triumph Travelers has a camera and would
be willing to help in this endevor.

Dave Zempel
'63 TR4 SurreyTop
Sunnyvale, CA.